Municipal Supplies

A groundwater supply to be used for municipal purposes must be licensed under the Water Act, which is administered by Alberta Environment and Protected Areas (AEPA). Hydrogeological Consultants Ltd. (HCL) can assist in locating, developing and managing a groundwater supply for municipal supplies, including rural residential subdivisions, and ensure that the work required for groundwater licensing under the Water Act will be completed as outlined in the Grovernment of Alberta's Guide to Groundwater Authorization (2011).

A groundwater licence usually has associated Conditions that require the annual submission of groundwater monitoring records; the submission often requires an analysis of the aquifer performance by a qualified professional. HCL can provide a range of groundwater monitoring options for any situation and has experienced professionals who can be relied on to submit accurate, comprehensive annual returns. Accurate and reliable groundwater monitoring is the key to management of any groundwater supply.